Staffing agencies help businesses and candidates connect with one another and make long-lasting, mutually beneficial connections. One type of hiring solution that staffing firms provide is Direct Hire Staffing. Some businesses and job seekers prefer the direct hire staffing model, while others find RPO or Contingent Staffing a better fit for their needs. Every person, position, and business is unique!
So, is the direct hire staffing format right for you? Let’s find out:
What Is Direct Hire Staffing?
Direct Hire placement happens when applicants accept a job offer and are directly placed on that company’s roster. Unlike temp-to-hire roles, applicants immediately become an employee of the company; there is no probationary period where an applicant is employed by the staffing agency.
When a staffing agency is used to fill a direct hire role, the agency recruiter supplements the efforts of the internal recruiter(s) of the company. In other words, this third-party recruiter can be viewed as an extension of a company’s HR team –supplementing a business’ recruiting efforts to quickly find qualified candidates and fill their open position.
There are many benefits to a direct hire staffing model. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is your current contracted staff leaving their assignment for other employment opportunities?
- Is your staff comprised of permanent employees?
- Are you looking to fill your open position with a successful long-term hire for your organization?
- Does your recruiting team have limited resources and/or does your organization need assistance filling your openings?
- Are your organization’s openings mid-to-upper level positions?
- Do your open positions have a very specific skill set and require an expert in the industry?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then a direct hire staffing model may be right for your organization!
For Job Seekers
Professionals looking for a job have many employment options at their disposal –including contract and direct hire roles. While both have their perks and downfalls, after taking the time to think about what you’re looking for in your career, you may find that one is a better option for you. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you consider yourself to have mid to senior level experience in your field?
- Are you looking to make a lateral move within your current industry?
- Are you confident in the professional path you want to take?
- Are you looking for growth opportunities in the same field?
Whether you are a job seeker or a company looking for candidates, direct-hire staffing can benefit you.
At, Bridge, our direct hire recruiters act as an extension of your HR team, quickly delivering qualified professionals to you. In addition to supporting your hiring efforts, we thoroughly screen candidates for skill set and industry experience as well as for a cultural fit. We strive to build a long-term relationship with your organization, and provide the best candidates, assist in building effective hiring strategies, provide current market research, and contribute to the overall growth and success of your business.