Policy Last Updated: July 2023
This Policy does not apply to personal information processed in connection with applications to work for Bridge Personnel Services as part of our in-house team or to personal information collected in the course of your employment as part of our in-house team. The Policy also does not apply to personal information that we process in connection with a candidate’s application to or appointment as a consultant to fulfil roles for Bridge’s clients or companies that we represent.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following categories and types of personal information with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law:
- Contact Information. We collect full name, email address, current and prior address, telephone number, and business contact information.
- Identifiers. We collect Internet protocol address, signature, username and password, and social media usernames.
- Personal Characteristics or Traits. We collect date of birth, gender, age, nationality, racial or ethnic origin, religion, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status and disability information.
- Commercial Information. We collect records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.
- Internet or Electronic Usage Data. We collect data related to network and website interaction history, IP address, website cookie information, interaction with advertisements and browsing time.
- Audio/Visual Data. We collect audio, electronic, photographic, visual or similar data including videos, photographs, or audio recordings.
- Geolocation Data. We collect geolocation data including the general region or area from which you access our Sites.
- Professional or Employment Information. We collect your job title, office location, business contact details, and company entity when you contact us on behalf of a third-party.
- Inferences: We use information from the categories of personal information described above in order to create a profile about you, to reflect your preferences, characters, behavior and attitude.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information in a variety of ways:
- Directly from you. We collect contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, and professional or employment information that you provide directly to us.
- Automatically. When you access our Sites, we collect identifiers, geolocation data, and internet or electronic usage data using tools like browser cookies
- From third parties: We may collect contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, and professional or employment information from third parties including our vendors, clients, and service providers.
- Social media platforms. Depending on the information you choose to share and your privacy settings, we may collect contact information, identifiers, audio/visual data, personal characteristics or traits, geolocation data, commercial information, professional or employment information, internet or electronic usage data, and inferences. Based on the way you have set your privacy settings on your social media accounts, most social media platforms, like Facebook and Instagram, analyze data about how you interact with our Sites and combine it with information on other users to provide us information about you. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users interact with us on social media and information about you is visible to us, for example the fact that you are “friends” or other public-facing profile information.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING INFORMATION
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Transactional Purposes. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, professional or employment information, and commercial information to: (i) provide you or our clients with products and services that we offer; (ii) communicate with you; (v) provide you with customer assistance; and (vi) provide supporting business activities such as billing and collections, procurement, and tax related activities.
- Analytical Purposes. We use identifiers, internet or electronic usage data, geolocation data, commercial information, and inferences to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, professional or employment information, internet or electronic usage data, geolocation data, and inferences to improve our marketing efforts, conduct market research, prospect for new clients or consultants, client relationship management, client engagement, administering promotions, and to provide you with information about us, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of our Sites and Systems. We use identifiers, geolocation data, internet or electronic usage data to improve our Sites and systems, provide and maintain functionality on our Sites and systems, and help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Sites and systems.
- Develop and Improve Our Products and Services. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, personal characteristics or traits, geolocation data, internet or electronic usage data, audio/visual data, inferences, and professional or employment information to help us develop new products and services and to improve and analyze our existing products and service offerings.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, personal characteristics or traits, geolocation data, internet or electronic usage data, audio/visual data, inferences, and professional or employment information to: (i) protect our Sites, premises, assets, systems, products, services and intellectual property; (ii) protect us, our affiliated companies, our employees, our carriers and others from fraud, theft and other misconduct; (iii) conduct vendor due diligence; and (iv) detect and prevent fraud, theft and misconduct including by verifying the identity of those we are conducting business with.
- Legal: We use contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, personal characteristics or traits, geolocation data, internet or electronic usage data, audio/visual data, inferences, and professional or employment information to comply with our legal obligations, including reporting requirements, and defend ourselves in legal proceedings, and protect our company and our property, employees, and others through legal proceedings.
- Other Purposes: We may use contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, personal characteristics or traits, geolocation data, internet or electronic usage data, audio/visual data, inferences, and professional or employment information for other reasons we may describe to you.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Service Providers. We may share personal information with vendors and service providers who support the operation of our services, website, and our business and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us (including, for example, cloud hosting, payment processing, order fulfillment, email delivery, marketing, insurance, operating systems and platforms, transportation, and customer support services). In some cases, such as payment processors, the vendor or service provider may directly collect the information from you on our behalf.
- Affiliates. We may share personal information with and among our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, or their successors or assigns.
- Marketing/Analytics/Advertising Partners. We may share personal information with third party marketing, analytics or advertising partners, including social media platforms and networks, for commercial purposes such as sending you marketing emails.
- Professional Advisors. We may share information with professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, tax consultants, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Government Entities. We share information with regulatory and government entities including government, administrative, law enforcement and regulatory agencies; tax authorities; and other public agencies or authorities if we think we should comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation. This includes cooperating with law enforcement when we think it is appropriate, obtaining legal remedies or limiting our damages, and to enforcing or protecting our contracts, legal rights or the rights of others, including by responding to claims asserted against us.
- Corporate Transaction Recipients. We may share information with potential investors, purchasers, merger partners, and their advisors in the event we: (i) sell or transfer, or are considering selling or transferring, all or a portion of our business or assets; or (ii) are considering or engaging in any reorganization, conversion, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our ownership interest, business or operations; or (iii) are soliciting or accepting investments.
- With Your Consent or At Your Direction. We may share information with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
- Other Reasons. We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain and use your information for as long as we need it to provide you with services or products, or as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you with services or products, please contact us at email@example.com.
COOKIES, ANALYTICS, AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
Cookies and Tracking Technology
We want you to be aware that certain online tools exist to help us serve and recognize you when you visit our website. We receive and store certain types of information when you visit our website. When you access the website, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be web beacons, cookies, clear gifs, pixel tags, e-tags, flash cookies, log files, or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications. These tracking technologies, which are often referred to collectively as cookies, allow us to understand how users navigate to and around our website, view different pages, access content and request Services. We may use them, for example, to keep track of your preferences and profile information and collect general usage and volume statistical information. If you want to remove or block cookies, you may be able to update your browser settings. You can also find instructions on how to manage cookies on different types of web browsers at www.allaboutcookies.org. Please click here to change your preferences regarding cookies.
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature. It lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want them to track your online activity. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our Sites are thus not currently set up to respond to these signals. For more information on Do Not Track signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
Third-party Analytics and Advertising
We use analytics services provided by Google Analytics. If you would like more information on how Google uses data when you visit or use our Sites, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. If you would like to opt-out, Google provides a an opt-out tool which is available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us and have implemented reasonable technical, organization, administrative and physical measures to protect personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and encourage you to use websites and share information with caution.
You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails and newsletters by using the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in communications you receive from us. You may also request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us. Once we process your request, we will cease using the information for such purposes at no charge to you. If you opt out of getting marketing messages, you will continue to receive messages from us about your relationship with us where permitted by law.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our data practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.